Easter Weekend

 ^^ Easter Sunday 2013 ^^

My heart is so full.
Our weekend was spent together doing some really fun and spontaneous things.
It was just what we needed as a family.
Also, it was so awesome spending Easter together reflecting on Jesus and our little family.

Friday we kicked off the weekend with a little Easter egg hunt with some friends at a local park.
We all brought a dozen eggs and let the kids play while we hid them.
It's genius. Everyone should do this with their friends. It is much less chaotic versus a city egg hunt.


I felt a little bad that Daphne missed this hunt but she had such a cute pancake breakfast at school that day so I didn't feel that bad.

Friday night we went to our local pizza joint and had pizza. Don't you think every Friday should be pizza night? Me too! 

Saturday morning we woke up and went to the local hunt at our park. We've been going this since Daphne was 1. It is such a cute one! We stopped at the little look out point to let the kids check out their loot.


After the hunt we remembered we had Sea World passes that expired that very day! Since we already had a diaper bag packed and snacks (and plenty of candy!) we decided to just go for it. I'm so glad we did!
My kids could look at sea turtles, fish, penjuins, belugas!, and dolphins forever. 
It was super crowded but we just took our time and we didn't rush the kids since they had to walk everywhere (only had a stroller for Dash in the car).

 

So we totally sat in the splash zone (but on the very back row!). 
I can't tell you how many times they said, "you will get wet if you are sitting in the splash zone".
But Kelly and I were like "yeah right, not that wet".
Um, we were wrong, very wrong. 
I have to tell you it was hilarious.
Have you been to Sea World?
Basically at the end of the show the whales splash water like I've never seen before in my life. It was like a wall of water was coming towards us. I happened to be nursing Dash at the time so he was already covered with a blanket. I just hunched over him to protect him but he was still soaked! After like the 3rd or 4th splash I looked up at Daphne and she was drenched from head to toe (so was Forest sitting on Kelly's lap) and she and Forest were crying. Kelly and I just looked at each other and died laughing. I mean, what kind of parents are we subjecting our kids to this kind of torture? It was so so hilarious. We didn't' even feel bad it was that funny. We just chalked it up as memories. Right?!

Sunday morning the kids found their Easter baskets. The Easter bunny was smart this year and brought the kids new swimsuits, hats, and towels for the beach. Plus a bit of candy.

We came home after church and planned a fun little dinner for outside. It was cute. Daphne had so much fun helping me set the table. We feasted on tri-tip roast, asparagus, cheesey potatoes, rolls, green beans, and hard boiled eggs we had dyed a few days before. We topped it off with coconut cupcakes. I am still full!

 

We live for the weekends together as a family.
And Easter made it that much more awesome.
Hope yours was just as special!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/01/2013

    Daphne and Forest were the same age as Daradie and Koen when we went to Sea World and we did the same thing! Our kids were the ones in the front row screaming and crying and the parents were laughing too--identically funny stuff!!!! And our kids were scared to keep going through the rest of the park thinking EVERYTHING was going to splash them from then on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you adopt me??? I love the things you do as a family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious family and precious memories... Learning about Jesus, Easter Egg Hunts, such a beautiful time!

    Loved your Pennant Streamers and mix-matched chairs - so Country Chic!

    Happy Easter... Jesus is Risen!!!

    ReplyDelete