Five seems like such a big kid age.
Like, when I start telling people my child is 5, I will start to feel really old.
But, Daphne is in fact 5 today!
We loooooove her. Obviously.
Last year she had a party.
This year it was a family party. Thank you!
Daphne was still quite specific about what she wanted.
She asked for yellow nail polish, perfume, and a few other gifts.
She wanted 'round pancakes' for breakfast, not to be confused with german pancakes.
We talked about visiting a museum.
She requested a museum with Dinosaurs and maybe butterflies.
It just so happens that the Natural History museum in LA has dinosaurs and a butterfly exhibit through September.
So we went.
It just so happens that the Natural History museum in LA has dinosaurs and a butterfly exhibit through September.
So we went.
And then she wanted a 'sprinkle on the inside cake with pink frosting and sprinkle on the inside cupcakes with yellow frosting'.
We did it all.
It was an awesome day as a family.











Wow, what a great five year old birthday! I have the same feelings as you about having a five year old. Haylee turns five in November and it kind of freaks me out. Like I'm super old freak out!!
ReplyDeleteHoney badger...yes, I've heard that name as well. Let's hear it for Wild Kratts! Angilee
ReplyDeleteSo fun! And Rachelle - your tummy is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Daphne! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I would like to see pictures of you at the butterfly house. Rachelle, enjoy your schedule free days as long as you can -- that cute girl starts school this year!
ReplyDelete