We made sugar cookies this weekend.
Daphne and Forest were extra helpful this year. It's so fun having us all in the kitchen working together while Christmas music plays in the background. It is just plain magical!
Kelly was working hard in the office. :)
The recipe we use is soft and fluffy, we like our sugar cookies that way.
I'm sure you can buy dough but that really isn't our style.
I'm sure you can buy dough but that really isn't our style.
Sugar Cookie Recipe:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
Cream all together. Then add the dry ingredients.
6 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
After all good and mixed, roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hr. Then roll out with more flour and cut out with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 for 6 -8 min. Sometimes 10 min, depending on thickness.
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
Cream all together. Then add the dry ingredients.
6 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
After all good and mixed, roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hr. Then roll out with more flour and cut out with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 for 6 -8 min. Sometimes 10 min, depending on thickness.
I frost mine with a homemade buttercream frosting:
Butter (1/2 stick), 2 cups powdered sugar (or more), vanilla, dash of salt, a few tbsp milk.
Enjoy!




we're making those tomorrow...already bought the cookie cutters biatch :)
ReplyDeleteYUM YUM YUM!! I need you close, because I HATE making sugar cookies for some reason but love eating them! ;-)
ReplyDeletei want to live at your house....you always are making yummy treats.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally going to make these! You are such a good cook.
ReplyDelete