weekend review


We attended our church Christmas Party over the weekend. I loved it. In years past there have been too many adult parties without Santa and I have been pretty disappointed. I was stoked to find out this year's party was going to be the traditional ham and potato dinner with Christmas carols AND Santa. I remember those parties from when I was little and I've wanted the same for my kids at least once! Daphne wouldn't get near Santa and Forest would only get close if I sat with him. To make the party even better Santa said something totally weird to me when I sat down. I mean, really weird, I'm not even sure what it meant.


It is safe to say that Daphne is loving all of the Christmas type of things we are doing. 

Is it just me or do you feel like you are running out of time? There is still so much to do and Christmas is only 2 weeks away. Eeeekkk!

4 comments:

  1. It's not a true visit to Santa without terrified children and creepy Santa comments. HA HA HA! Love you! Ummm, I want to know what he said. email me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Forest's expression! Malia cannot take Easton to see Santa. We took him to see the Easter Bunny and he announced to the world that the Easter Bunny is not real, its just a guy in a suit. I took them all to Disney on Ice. Captain Hook was there. Easton is so in to pirates. I told him Captain Hook looked really creepy. He looked at me like I had lost my mind and very emphatically said "Grandma, Captain Hook is not real, it was just a guy in a suit, got it, huh? ya got it??! We feel it is best not to take him to see Santa. He's only 4 1/2. Daphne is so cute! You guys have a very Merry Christmas! Love ya, Aunt ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been so many years where I just wanted my kids to get close to Santa but they wouldn't unless I would. But I just didn't know if it would be weird to sit on his lap. Congrats to you for doing what is good for the kiddos and shame on nasty Santa.

    ReplyDelete