project dress-up

Over Christmas my sister came home with her girls and she had made them all princess dresses to play in. Daphne loved playing in them so much so I thought to myself, "I want to make one".

My sister sent the pattern to me. And then I went to my mom's house and stole fabric (she has oodles). And then I borrowed my other sister's sewing machine because for some reason I don't have one.

And then I cut out the pattern.

And I started to sew. And it all came back; why I hate sewing! I had a tantrum. You don't believe me? Ask my mom, sister, or my husband who all listened to me cry about how I just couldn't do it because I ruined the very FIRST step. My sister said to just un-pick my mistake and start over. So I did that.

Then I couldn't stop. I stayed up until 1:30 am sewing.

Then the next day I ignored my whole family and continued on. I have never gathered so much in my whole life.


And then it was finished (except for the hem). She tried it on and thought it was so cute.


And it made me happy because I DID IT! It's not perfect - if you look really close it looks like crap. But it's just to play in.


And now she has something to twirl, dance, and play in! And as she would say, "Ta Da!"

11 comments:

  1. Holy cow! You went to a LOT of work on that. I would've hucked that out of the car window from frustration. A little secret...sew a skirt on a cute pred-made shirt and that has saved me from teaching my children vocabulary that can wait until the jr. high bus rides. Very impressive. I'll just skip this post so Daradie isn't jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it looks fantastic!!WAY TO GO!!! it's adorable! oh, and i love it when Emmy says ta da! I can just imagine daphne saying! cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that actually looks amazing!!! way to go! yeah, sewing and i have a love/hate relationship... i can't stop once i have started and i am known to throw some serious sewing tantrums. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!! You're awesome! I wouldn't even know where to start with any of that! OH, and your honey chicken was a BIG HIT around here. THANKS!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. only you sees the errors. Daphne sees a prefect princess gown made by her Mom. It is wonderful!!!!! It will get easier the more you make. I am toying with making princess outfits for Malia and Elyse's girls to wear when we go to Disney on Ice in March. I really live on the verge of insanity.
    Aunt ME

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super impressed! Way to go! I don't think I will ever attempt the likes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite post of yours by far. I love the real emotion behind it and I love the sacrificing for your daughter and I love how excited she looks in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is amazing and she looks happy to have it. I too have had my fair share of sewing melt downs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a pro girl! I need some sewing lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it!! lucy would die!

    ReplyDelete