Because she (my once perfect sleeper) has become the worst sleeper.
Like last night she climbed into our bed. And because we are so tired we let her. But then Kelly left the bed and slept on the couch. Probably because he was being kicked in the face. And when she woke up and saw he was gone she freaked out. She started crying and I couldn't get her to stop. Then Kelly came in and tried to comfort her. Nothing worked.
SO, they went into the other room and watched a little movie. An hour or so later, and after nursing Forest, I found her still awake in the other room and Kelly was passed out.
So she followed me back to bed and slept with me.
Needless to say this morning we were all dead.
While leaving Walgreen's this morning she threw a tantrum. Because she is tired. She wanted some oreo's. I would have bought the darn cookies had we not already checked out and been on our way out the door.
But she saw them and picked them up and said, "oooooo cookies" and started to walk out the door with them.
I took them from her and put them back telling her something like, "we have cookies at home."
But the tears had started and she sat down and wailed!
I tried to pick her up while holding my two awkwardly stuffed bags.
The lady behind me tried to help me.
It was a mess.
Finally after turning down several offers for help we were in the car and on our way home. She was still crying for the cookies.
We got home and took naps. Every single one of us.
Then we woke up and made cookies.
Now, the next time you make cookies make these.
They are the best!
They are the best!


The lack of sleeping is just starting. Four kids later I tell Travis I long for the day when they are all in school and I can just go back to sleep. And sleep all day for a couple of days to catch up on eight, but by the time they are all in school, twelve years of sleep deprivation.
ReplyDeleteEven last night, my five year old, was up all night with croup.
Oh wow, the joy of having children. Tantrums have for sure started in our house and it's always a mess. So frustrating. Thank goodness I don't have a second child to go along with it. I seriously admire moms with two plus kids. I don't think I could handle it. At least your kiddies are so adorable that they look cute when they throw tantrums. Well cute to onlookers, probably not to you
ReplyDeleteSleep...how we took it for granted before we knew how much we would miss it.
ReplyDeletePorter is teething this week, and I didn't know that eight month old babies could actually pull an all nigher! Good times. I'll just leave it at that and not dwell on the fact that I'm running on less than half the sleep I need, because that wouldn't help anything.
I am one of those moms that leave a completely full cart deserted in the store due to tantrums. Rachelle, take the help from people. I remember this one lady after hearing my kids scream from isles away came over and gave me a hug and said that I was a wonderful mom and to not give up. Tantrums are just the beginning. Pretty soon you'll have doors slamming and tongue sticking out. But, you're a wonderful mom and don't give up!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!
ReplyDeleteI think all of our kids have had episodes just as you described. They all do it now matter how hard you try, your kids will still throw temper tantrums and they will always give you some sleepless nights. Even as old as 5 years old they will try to sneak in your bed. I have moved to the couch on many occasions. Klade just sleeps through it all. It's a Williams gift I think. Either that, or they are all very good actors.
Oh Rachelle! I can completely identify! My awesome sleepers decided that on the nights that Brooklyn sleeps from 9:30pm-4:30am, they will wake up at 2 hour intervals. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM!?!
ReplyDelete