thank you's and a recipe

Thank you Mom for having peach trees (plus pear, apple, and cherry trees) in your backyard, in Idaho! Fresh peaches are much more delicious.


And thank you Mom for the tomatoes. Daphne loves them, to eat and carry.


Thank you Target for making quite possibly the cutest little girls headband for sooooo cheap!


And thanks Shalece for the ginormous zucchini I stole from your garden in order to make zucchini bread.

zucchini bread recipe

3 c shredded zucchini (2 – 3 medium)

1 2/3 c sugar

2/3 c canola oil

2 tsp vanilla

4 lg eggs

3 c flour

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

½ tsp ground cloves

½ tsp baking powder

½ nuts, raisins (optional)

heat oven to 350 degrees. grease bottoms of 2 loaf pans. mix zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs. stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and raisins. add those last. divide batter between two pans.

bake two loaves for 50 – 60 minutes. or one loaf pan about 1 hour and 10 – 20 minutes.

cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack. loosen sides and cool completely on wire rack.



Daphne and I devoured the mini-loaf while we waited for the larger ones to finish baking.


Now, if you have any yummy zucchini recipes, will you please share? I have a feeling the zucchini will keep coming.


Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. And thank YOU to Rachelle for giving me a yummy new recipe to try:) It sounds so divine that if it wasn't 90 degrees in sweet lil SC I would make it right this second! How are you?? How is Idaho! I need to just call you and catch up already!

    ReplyDelete