
Today while Daphne and I were soaking up the sun poolside, I started thinking about the last the three years. The last three years we have spent here, in California. In Orange County of all places.
I remember flying down here with Kelly for him to interview at Killer Dana. When we got home to Idaho he couldn't be happier, to be back in Idaho. I figured he didn't want the job. But I did. I wanted a change, I wanted to live somewhere else, away from what we had known our entire married life. After all, I'm not from Idaho so I didn't care to stay. And somehow WE decided to take the job here, in California.
We immediately took advantage of everything fun to do. The beach, Saturday night trips to L.A., San Diego, a mini-vacation to San Francisco, concerts, and much more. We made lots of friends and found tons of yummy places to eat at. Then we got pregnant! And life in California got even more exciting!
It's been home. A good home. We've lived here longer than any other place. I love it here! It's been an adventure. A good adventure.
But in less than four weeks we'll be leaving. Moving. Away. Back to Kelly's roots. Just for a short while (maybe a year).
There's a new adventure coming our way and we are going to take it. We're excited! And maybe slightly sad.
California's been good to us and we hope Idaho will be too!!!
Forgive the delay in posts if there are some. We are going to be busy enjoying every last minute in the sun, at the beach, eating our favorite foods, and spending time with close friends, and oh yeah, PACKING!

So enjoy my pretty baby playing in the pool for a bit.
We'll talk soon!!
Whoa that's big news? Is it a different job in Idaho then too? Well hopefully you'll love it as much as CA.
ReplyDeleteholy smokes! I had no idea you were moving back! Whats the new job????
ReplyDeletewow. that is big news. can't wait to hear how everything goes... i know for us, whether we were close to family or not, we had each other. That's what counts. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm coming to see you after you get settled!! Good luck with packing and enjoy the sun for me!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
CRAZY! I bet your family is happy! I hope that everything goes ok...and you need to call me!!!
ReplyDeletealright we HAVE to get together before you leave. Its a must. So lets make it happen!
ReplyDeleteum.....I am so excited....(is that ok??!! ) We will only be hours apart!!!
ReplyDeletegood luck packing...i don't envy you. how fun for moving...i like the change and every few years adam and I get it. congrats and make the most of it...
ReplyDeleteidaho isn't so bad :). surprisingly, i really like it here! i hope the move is uneventful and goes well.
ReplyDeleteThis is very sad, but maybe we will be joining you....at least closer aka UT
ReplyDeleteOh, so sad leaving Cali... I know how you feel. I graduated from HS (in Sacramento) in 2000 and haven't lived there since. Miss the warm weather! Especially out here in rain country these days. Good luck with new job in Idaho. My hubby is from there so we visit Boise a few times a year, not so bad. Congrats with baby #2. Looking forward to those pics!
ReplyDelete