
Peanut Chicken
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp ginger, peeled & grated
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken, cut up
1 tsp chili powder
3 tbsp smooth, peanut butter (natural works best)
4 to 6 scallions, sliced
1 c unsweetened coconut milk
salt, pepper
1 cucumber, peeled & sliced
cilantro leaves to garnish
Directions
Heat oil over medium heat, add ginger and garlic and cook until aroma released. Stir in chicken, cook until golden brown. Stir in chili powder and peanut butter. Stir in coconut milk and simmer about 3-5 minutes, until thickened. Add scallions and season with salt and pepper. Plate it and garnish with cucumber and cilantro! Serve with coconut rice.
Coconut Rice
½ c granulated sugar
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 – 2 drops almond extract
1 c unsweetened coconut milk
2 c Jasmine Rice
Directions
Make rice according to package. Mix sugars and coconut milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add almond extract. Stir rice and sauce together. Cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Mix and then cover again for another 10 minutes. Serve with peanut chicken. Yum!
totally making that tonight!!! Look at you, miss fancy recipe!!!!
ReplyDeleteokay. so i made that for dinner last night.... it was soooo good! I couldn't find peanut oil so i just used olive oil and it seemed to work fine...thanks for the recipe! Got any more good ones??? It's so hard to think of more stuff to cook every night!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to try that recipe out as soon as I have my own kitchen to cook in! Ahhhhh- someday.
ReplyDeleteAnyway- I had to tell you, I was at the gym when I saw that same Nanny no no special on fox news. I freaked out! I told everyone as soon as I got home and said "That is why I will never have a nanny."