I had this great idea! It was to hop in the car and drive to Island Park, ID so we could spend Thanksgiving at the cabin with Kelly's family.
I think Kelly thought I was nuts at first (i'm 33 weeks pregnant and that's a 16 hour drive) but after talking it over it seemed like such a good idea.
Daphne had the entire week off from school and we really wanted to get away before this baby comes.
It was awesome.
It was awesome.
Really, awesome!
The kids traveled so well. A few years makes such a difference in how they handle a long drive.
There was just enough snow on the ground to make our kids think it was a winter wonderland.
They went sledding on a make shift hill, had snowball fights, and played outside a lot.
I sat around a lot and drank my fair share of hot chocolate.
We enjoyed Thanksgiving with Kelly's family and had plenty of family time.
We stopped by Mesa Falls on the way home to marvel at the waterfall. We even were able to see my Grandma, sister, and my parents on the drive to and from CA plus see the lights at Temple Square.
We feel so blessed to have had the chance to go and have some time as a family.
Nothing is more important to us than time together.
Goal accomplished.
And now some pictures.









FUN! You are a brave traveling that far when you are pregnant. I'm just a sissy and could not have made it! HA HAH A!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a fun Thanksgiving!
so good to see you guys! what I want to know is where the heck were you hiding the oreos?? cause we didn't have enough food to begin with ;)
ReplyDeleteOkay, seriously? You're the cutest pregnant girl that ever lived.
ReplyDelete