You know how I post pictures of us at the beach?
In January? And now February?
And you are super annoyed because it's winter where you live.
Truth is, I'm envious of you guys.
Yup, all of you family and friends living all over the country.
Because you see, you have planted little seeds where you are.
You've bought homes. Second homes even (maybe third homes!).
You've bought lawnmowers, painted walls your favorite colors, picked out new knobs for you doors, repainted your ugly kitchen cupboards, etc.
I have not!
You've settled into your spaces and places in which you live.
I haven't even taken down the ugly vertical blinds in my living room because I'm just renting.
And who knows how long we'll live in this state of CA.
And I sort of feel like, "are we going to rent this place forever?"
Oh sure, I know how to get to all the places around here.
We have our favorite beach locations. The ones with the best shore break for the kiddos.
The ones that friends meet up at. The ones with less stairs, rocks, etc.
But I don't have a yard, a garden, or my favorite paint colors in my kitchen. :)
So, next time you read up and say something like, "ugh rachelle, so sick of the nice weather you are posting!" Just remember you have it good too. Probably better than us!!
Okay? Okay!
Now, onto really important info here. wink wink. Are you on Instagram? Me too. Lets be friends if we aren't already. Whew! username is rachellewilliam
Peace Out!


Ibknow exactly what you're saying. The need to feel settled, and have a place to call your own. It's hard, and it sucks. Hope you get that soon girl!
ReplyDeletewait...but i am still insanely jealous! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat you're saying is that I should be grateful for the kiddos riding their bikes with gloves, snow boots and a little bit of sunshine and the high of 48 (me in two long sleeve shirts, oversized sweats, slippers and a hoodie) and in my fourth home with NO paint colors of my choice. I suppose you're right. Thighs that have been hidden under oversized sweats should not see a beach anytime soon. Innocent bystanders would be hugely grateful for that!
ReplyDeleteAnd you my dear Angilee make me laugh every time!!
DeleteHa ha!! I love you!
ReplyDeleteA family grows where ever they are planted, they just need loves, hugs and a sense of accomplishment. (even if it's new knobs or a tomatoe on the patio). Luv mom
ReplyDeleteI need you to know that as long as we lived in California, I felt the same way. I didn't love living there the way you do. We lived in SoCal for 2 years but took the first road out... for the reasons you mentioned. For the freedom it could provide. I felt trapped there. As in, we could never make enough money to properly provide for a growing family. Fortunately, Florida has gorgeous beaches...so I now feel like I've got the best of both worlds.
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping it real. I remember family being jealous of all our beach trips, and Disneyland visits, and all I wanted was what they had. Trust me girlie, it will happen, and you will appreciate it so much more than you ever could, if it just came easy and in a timely manner. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteI understand, except I don't have a beach to go to :(
ReplyDeleteBUT...every place has it's own little treasures (even Argentina), & I LOVE reading about your finds :)
i have hated not being settled. we have moved far far too much. and i apologize for my jealous beach comments even though i think it's totally amazing that you live where you do! keep em coming that way i can dream of the warm sunshine and salt water. :)
ReplyDelete