My parents were here yesterday and only for the day. We wanted to do something different with them, so we decided to take them to the tide pools in Dana Point. I highly recommend going. It is rad to see so many cool 'sea creatures'.
It is kind of a hike. There are lots of rocks you have to walk through to get there but it is worth it.
Funny things about our afternoon there:
-Kelly and I both ended up carrying our children.
-Forest fell in a tide pool. Yes, he did. He was ooohhing and aaahhing over something and then SPLASH. I was literally standing in front of him when he fell. I pulled him out quickly and then laughed because I thought it was so funny. I even took a picture of him all wet! He ended up wearing two jackets instead of his wet clothes and fell asleep.
-The rocks are slippery. I slid so many times and my Dad kept laughing at the splits I was doing. And not on purpose!
-Daphne was terrified she would fall in the water too.
-We saw starfish, lots of them!
-We saw a sea slug.
-And a baby starfish.
-And lots and lots of sea anemone's, snail thingy's, crabs, etc.
-Some college kids found an octopus. We didn't see that, he was hiding.
So go. It's fun.
Enjoy a whole lot of pictures!
It is kind of a hike. There are lots of rocks you have to walk through to get there but it is worth it.
Funny things about our afternoon there:
-Kelly and I both ended up carrying our children.
-Forest fell in a tide pool. Yes, he did. He was ooohhing and aaahhing over something and then SPLASH. I was literally standing in front of him when he fell. I pulled him out quickly and then laughed because I thought it was so funny. I even took a picture of him all wet! He ended up wearing two jackets instead of his wet clothes and fell asleep.
-The rocks are slippery. I slid so many times and my Dad kept laughing at the splits I was doing. And not on purpose!
-Daphne was terrified she would fall in the water too.
-We saw starfish, lots of them!
-We saw a sea slug.
-And a baby starfish.
-And lots and lots of sea anemone's, snail thingy's, crabs, etc.
-Some college kids found an octopus. We didn't see that, he was hiding.
So go. It's fun.
Enjoy a whole lot of pictures!










oooh, poor Forest. That is funny though! Jealous you got to play with Mom n Dad:)
ReplyDeleteFUN!! I wish we had something like that close. . . oh well. I'll just enjoy your pictures and smell my salt shaker for effect. HA HA HA! Love you!
ReplyDelete