someday a house


This morning over breakfast Kelly asked what my plans were for the day. 
"IKEA," I responded as if it was completely obvious.

Then came the conversation we have so often. 
"Rachelle, someday we will have a house and you can go crazy and decorate and pick out all the furniture you want. Let's just be cheap right now until we get a house."

I sigh because he is right. I don't really need a new rug. I just have this itch to nest and change things even though I know we are just renting.

Then the conversation ended the way it always does.

We both agree we want a yard, not a cement pad out back, a real yard with grass. Big enough for a skate ramp for Kelly, a garden for me, and chickens. 

Kelly doesn't agree with the chickens but I don't care.

If I ever get myself a house we are having chickens.

And that rug up there that Daphne is laying on.

I just need to be patient. 

2 comments:

  1. I love IKEA! I could spend hours and hours there and be perfectly happy. Glad to hear you have patience. I probably would have bought the rug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just move to Oklahoma! Ryan's sister Heather has chickens and LOTS of land. Wish you guys could buy a house next door to us again. We miss having our best neighbors close by!

    ReplyDelete