Last night I left the room for 2.5 seconds so that I could hear Kelly on the phone while the kids were laughing on Daphne's bed. That few seconds was just enough time for Forest to somehow fall off the bed and fracture his femur.
Our night was pretty grim. I believe I held Forest from the time he fell (around 6 pm) until we got home from the hospital at 1:30 am.
We left the hospital with him wearing a splint cast and instructions to see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday. No surgery is needed. We just need to see someone who knows 'little people bones' and make sure he has the proper cast for repair.
He kind of hurts, can't move, and seems a bit sad. I'm sad too.
If you have a second can you say a little prayer for our little man? We'd appreciate it.
We will know more on Monday. We are super hopeful that his very small fracture won't require a super gnarly cast and that his splint cast will do the job.
So here's to all our plans (i planned a weekend in L.A. with just Kelly and I to celebrate 9 yrs of marriage without kids) going out the window and instead staying home. I knew all of that cleaning and grocery shopping was for something. :)

Oh poor little forest!! He looks so brave. I'm sad for him too. And for you. We will say a prayer for the little man. I hope he gets better really fast.
ReplyDeleteSo sad! We will for sure keep him in our prayers. Hope you get to celebrate your anniversary another weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh no. poor baby. So sorry!
ReplyDeletePoor little guy! He'll be in my prayers for sure! I'm so sorry! Hang in there Mommy!
ReplyDeleteJust breaks my heart to see it! Hey, I think now would be a GREAT time to break him of his binky!!! What do ya think? hahaha. Prayers for Forest!
ReplyDeleteWhat a tough guy and tough momma!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry Mr Forest!
Hang in there!