Daphne, Kelly, and Forest in the Art Studio of Pretend City.
My parents came down for the weekend to visit us. One evening we were chatting about life. Kelly mentioned that work was going good and that he enjoys his job (sometimes he has rough days but I think that is normal for most men who work). He mentioned though that when he has bad days he has to remind himself that he is doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was a little kid. He wanted to work in a job where he was surrounded by pro-skateboarders, the skateboarding industry, and doing something with art. He's doing just that!
And then it hit me, I'm doing what I have always wanted to do too. I get to stay at home with my kiddos and do whatever we want on most days. It's awesome! Even if I am having a hard day I need to remember to snap out of it because not everyone gets to do what they have always wanted. You know??
We can't complain about life. We are both doing what we have always wanted AND we are doing it together. It's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
I'm kind of in love with that husband of mine and our little family.
It was nice having my parents here to visit and play with the kids. And it was nice to have them tell me that they are proud of us for knowing that what we are doing as parents is the most important thing!
The End.

GOOD FOR YOU!! Loved this post Reesh! And I loved seeing pictures of your parents. Such wonderful people!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Love this post! Agree entirely.
ReplyDeleteCute post, it's so true. Thanks for reminding me about how happy I am doing what I love to do.
ReplyDelete