I love seeing the color red slowly making it's way into our home.
Here a little, there a little.
It can only mean that Christmas is near.
I have about 97 % of my Christmas shopping done already.
I have full intentions of being 100% complete within the next week.
Why? I am married to a work-workaholic and I want to spend anytime that he isn't working with our little family doing Christmas things.
The first thing on my list was to finish my little Christmas banner. Done. Thanks to my mother-in-law who bought me a sewing machine. Finally! I can't believe I haven't had one all these years. And thanks to a friend who had oodles of vintage Christmas fabric from her Grandmother.
Wanna make one?
Buy fabric, cut out in the shape you want, sew together, turn inside out, press, buy bias tape, place fabric in the fold, pin, sew, done!
Mine is simple and looks a little old fashioned. Just how I wanted it.





Cute banner! I need a sewing machine. Also, i'm pretty much addicted to pomegranates!! YUM!
ReplyDeleteI love the sewing table with the M & M's!!! You banner turned out darling.
ReplyDeleteOh and, would you mind emailing me your address so I can add it to my Christmas Card list? thanks, amyfanderson@msn.com
Love, love, love red!!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on the banner, and I love the vintage fabrics, what fun!!
Miss you, and your adorable family. Wish I could see your cute decorated house in person, but this works too! :)