
A few days after I gave birth to Forest my sister in law brought over dinner. Potato soup. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven, it tasted so good! I have used the recipe ever since. And really, I am pretty sure all of Kelly's siblings use this recipe. It's just that good.
Best Ever Potato Soup (i swear that's the name)
6 bacon strips, diced
3 c. cubed peeled potatoes
1 (14 1/2 oz) can chicken broth (i make my own chicken broth - use 2 cups)
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 c chopped onion
1 T dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp each of celery seed, salt, and pepper
3 T flour
3 c milk
8 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
In large saucepan cook bacon until crisp; drain and reserve drippings. Add potatoes, onion, carrot, broth, parsley, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes until potatoes are soft. Combine flour and bacon drippings until smooth, then add milk. Stir into potato mixture. Bring soup to boil and stir and boil for about 2 minutes. Add cheese, stir until melted and soup heated through. Top with crumbled cooked bacon.
serves 8
On a side note I hate pig meats. I never buy bacon. But this recipe is good with it! I've tried it without and I don't think it's as good. You decide. If you opt out of the bacon just mix a little flour in with your milk to thicken the soup. blah blah bah.
And on another side note when we were all done eating and I was finished wiping up Forest my wrist was covered with 'half eaten probably fell out of his mouth pumpkin muffins'. I mean really, why do I even bother getting ready for the day because by the end of the it I have been slimed by my children.

seriously is that not the truth
ReplyDeletethis looks delcious...a perfect Friday night dinner.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, mommy's don't stay clean for very long.
Ok, I just made it! DELICIOUS!!! And I have to admit that I thought I had chicken broth...but didn't, but I had Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup (the old school kind) so I drained the broth from that, and it still turned out. YUM!
ReplyDelete