do you wear your retainer?

Lets talk about braces. When did you have yours?
I had mine from 6th grade to 8th grade.
I think I wore my retainer for a year or so after that.
But then when I was in High School and there were more important things to do than remembering to wear your retainer. I mean, there were boyfriends, and football games, and 'oh my gosh what should i wear tomorrow' type of things. Obviously all more important than remembering something like wearing your retainer.

Maybe in college I started wearing mine again. My roommates wore there's. (hi jenny, mary, emily, becky, erica...where are you erica?)
And then I got married. My retainer was lost. Who knows with all of the moves from apartments where it wound up.

My teeth started moving. Awesome.
But I was married and I didn't care about my lost retainer.

But every six months you see a dentist and I would always get this line, "you have such pretty teeth, but did you ever have braces?"

"Yeah, I know, I need them again...."

Repeat conversation again on 10 different occasions.

Our dental insurance covers adult braces now. So I got them.

Like,
I.
Am.
Such.
A.
DORK!

And if you ever make fun of me, EVER, you'll never ever see another picture of me posted again. :)

Or maybe I'll just stop blogging until I get them off. I only have to wear them 8 -
10 months this time. Woo - hoo!

Really, don't make fun of me!!

I mean it.

Whew. There I am, with braces. Ugh.

My family still loves me.

Remember, don't make fun of me. Not even on the inside.

Yes, I'm sensitive.

13 comments:

  1. You look Gorgeous!!! You cant even tell. seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, if my dental insurance covered braces, i would get them in a HEART BEAT! love you! PS get on facebook, you can find Erica there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So glad you've joined me in the braces club. You look great. Sore yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are going to ROCK those braces!!!!!!
    you look good no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not even tell you were wearing them in the picture, maybe they're the clear kind?? I totally wore braces, only 18 months during Jr. High. But yes, I stopped wearing them after I turned 24 because I heard a silly myth that after that you don't have to... so my bottom teeth have totally moved. Good thing I have a husband in dental school who will make invisaline for me. Don't worry, you're not the only one. And still as drop dead gorgeous as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't even have noticed if the post wasn't about it! Seriously, can't even tell....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I didn't even think you needed braces. I can't remember when I stopped wearing my retainer, but I will give you a tip, ask for a built in retainer when you get your braces off. I have one cemented on my bottom teeth, it helps to keep your teeth straighter top and bottom or at least that is what my dad says. I always ask if I should get it removed and he always says keep it on. I've noticed when people get it taken off their teeth move quite a bit. Be proud of your braces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have totally inspired me!! Your story sounds just like mine, and I think I may go for it. Still need to find an ortho up here, but if insurance is going to pay for it, then I'm just being silly not to. I am so proud of you, and you look just as gorgeous as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are DARLING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't believe you. I can't see any massive silver brackets with colored rubberbands. Ask TaNece about the headgear. (insert laughing now)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait you can't even see them! I would have had no clue--really. You are the cutest anyway--please tell me you have to wear headgear at night? :)

    I always wanted braces as a kid--so so bad. I will live through you now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No one should look that good with braces. It is just wrong. Btw, seeing you with such hot dark hair, makes me want to go dark again! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you! I lost mine to. And YES, I did wear mine in college and sometimes hung it on nails on the wall in my sleep. . weird, remember that?! Anyways, I would get them to if my dental covered it. Good for you and you are still hot as ever with braces. I can't even see them in the picture.
    loves.

    ReplyDelete