...the one who can't finish her phone conversation, let alone her sentence
the one who's brain has turned to mush
the one who can't punctuate a sentence properly
the one who isn't quite sure if she spelled a word correctly
the one who's biggest task for the day is teaching one child where his belly button is and teaching another child what sound a B makes
the one who gets dressed up to run to the store (because if that is the only place we are going for the day we'd better look nice!)
the one who only knows kids songs and finds herself singing them all day
the one who doesn't seem to have as much time for herself or for her friends
the one who tells her children if they are good they can have a treat when in all reality i want the treat
the one who is laughing with one child at the store while the other is throwing unnecessary items in the cart
the one who can't wait for a phone call from a certain man in her life
and
the one who maybe goes a bit crazy in the afternoon
do you know that mom??
however i'm also the mom that is able to go for a run, shower, have a cavity filled, make beds, feed children breakfast, pack a husband's lunch, get everyone dressed, start a load of laundry and send that husband off to work before 9 am.
so please forgive me if i seem ditsy right now
i feel it will only get worse when we add more to our family (not an announcement)
i've got to enjoy every minute of it because from what everyone keeps telling me, it'll be over before i know it
and so i love being that mom :)

Love you! You are a wonderful Mother, I know you are! This post made me laugh because I totally relate! Thanks for posting this one!
ReplyDeleteAgain, love you!
Being that mom is something to be proud of. I figure if my kids are alive some days then I accomplished a lot. You are such a great mom. With beautiful kiddos btw!
ReplyDeleteIts all about perspective! Don't we love our crazy lives? Well, most of the time...
ReplyDeleteP.S. I started to call you back but then had to hang up real quick because my kitchen was being attacked by fire ants.
Ah yes, it's all so familiar except I no longer get dressed up to go to the grocery store. I come all sweaty and gross from the gym.
ReplyDeleteI love this!! That is my favorite picture ever:)
ReplyDeleteI work in Jonah's classroom on Tuesdays now and I'm so excited I actually get to "get ready" for something. So yeah....I'm dressing up for a bunch of 5 yr olds....oh well.