island park - part 2



The main reason we drove to Island Park was because Kelly's parents returned home from their mission in Nauvoo, IL. The whole family was getting together to learn about their parents experiences. We were not about to miss out! Plus, we needed an excuse to go on a vacation.

Kelly's parents are so sweet. I was amazed at the items Linda had sewn for the grand kids and the things they brought back with them to share with us.

A few evenings were designated as 'Nauvoo Nights'. We had a little school. Linda taught us vocabulary that may have been used during the time period. Steve showed us some horseshoes that were made and so on.


And then there were games, crafts, and toys out for everyone to use and play with. Good times!



Once again we had to say goodbye and I cried. I mean, really, I am such a baby. But it was such a fun trip and we all had a good time so obviously it was sad to leave!


And that's that!

2 comments:

  1. rachelle - it has been too long since i have stopped by here. sorry. looks like you guys are having fun though - and happy birthday to miss daphne :) oh, and thanks for the sno shack photos - brought back great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your posts. It is so fun to see your cute kids grow up and I love the recipes. For some reason I was not getting your postings. I had to add you again. I got your info from Elyse's blog. You look like you are doing great! Steve and Linda did an Awesome job on their talks yesterday. It was great. Grandma is especially happy that they are home. She was one proud mamma yeaterday.
    Take care! Love you guys!
    Aunt ME

    ReplyDelete