they look cute, right?


I think my kids are pretty cute. Every parent thinks that.

But sometimes they, no wait, the older one does things that drive me crazy.

Today we went to Costco. I had to pick up a few things for Kelly and his upcoming camp out. He's the new scoutmaster at church.

Anyway, it wasn't a huge shopping trip so we took our time looking and picking up a thing here or there. Daphne wanted to walk and look around. We ran into a few friends and chit chatted. I love that.

Then as we were leaving Daphne asked for ice cream. We never do that so we decided to be crazy and split a cup. She asked for vanilla and then chocolate. So we got the swirl.

And then she cried. And cried. And people started to stare because she was crying louder and louder. I tried to explain quietly that is all they had. I then ignored her while I got myself a drink. And then she wanted out of the cart. I took her out and she cried louder. I walked away with our cart and told her we were leaving. She cried louder and maybe let out a little scream.

I asked if she wanted to ride in the cart. "NO", she screamed. I asked if she wanted to hold my hand, have me carry her, anything I could think of and all "NO" responses followed.

Now I would have picked her up and ran but I have another baby and he was happily riding in the Ergo without a care in the world (another time I need to tell you how much I love that thing and think that everyone should have one because it is the best carrier in the whole wide world).

So we walked out while she cried. Did I mention she cried? And I was slightly annoyed and slightly embarrassed.

I swear this happened once before in CVS over cookies.

But I remember that they are cute and we move on.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, this happened ONLY once before? Naomi pulls this stuff in public about 50% of the time we go to stores. I then remember why I try to shop as little as possible with them. haha, but yes, they are still cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, there's been times I've walked out of the store with my cart sitting in the aisle (but if I'm more then 1/2 way done with the list I'm finishing by dang.) More importantly please tell me the icecream wasn't wasted -- never let good icecream go to waste!
    ps. I can't believe how big they're both getting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so glad you posted this story.I have told Haylee countless times in the middle of one of her trantrums, I'm never taking you anywhere ever ever again. It's awful and so terrible and there is nothing you can do to make them stop crying. Ahhh, two year olds. I heard three can be worse so we are bracing ourselves.

    ReplyDelete