Honey Chicken* 4 – 6 chicken breast tenders (boneless and skinned) cut up
1 egg, beaten
½ c cornstarch
½ c canola oil
sauce:
½ c sugar
¼ c vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
¼ c chicken stock
¼ c honey
½ tsp garlic powder
lightly beat egg in a bowl. place cornstarch in another bowl. dip chicken pieces in egg and then in cornstarch. fry in canola oil over medium heat until just browned. place chicken in a shallow baking dish. mix sauce ingredients in a sauce pan until combined. pour over chicken. bake at 325 for 1 hour. turn chicken 2 – 3 times during baking. serve with rice.
*a twist on sweet and sour chicken. kelly wasn't digging our recipe so i changed it up a bit and we like the honey version a bit more. try it out!
I LOVE when you post recipes . . . because I ALWAYS love them! Thanks Reesh, keep the yumminess coming. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYum, I'm so going to try this.
ReplyDeleteDid you hear how I have been craving Chinese food lately?! Gosh darn it I wish you lived close so I could come over and sneak some of that goodness from you! YUM!
ReplyDelete