+ Musical Sundays


Growing up in my family we watched a lot of musicals. We had just about every one ever made and we watched them frequently. Usually on Sundays we would watch one and make no-bake cookies. There's something about Sundays and the need for making cookies. You can ask my friend Kira because she usually followed me home after church and enjoyed a movie and cookies with our family.



For Christmas my Grandma sent me 'The Music Man'. I was super excited. Kelly has never seen this musical! I am trying to build up my collection so that Daphne can love them as much as I do. Today we watched it. I loved every minute and I am sure Kelly enjoyed me singing along with all of the songs. One line in the movie really stuck out when watching it this time. A character says, "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays." I believe President Monson quoted the same thing in a recent conference address (here). I don't want to say, "we'll do that later, or tommorow, etc."

We have decided that this year our family is going to do more TODAY! I hope to fill 2009 with a lot of musical Sundays and no-bake cookies and much more to make lasting memories with our little family. Hope you do the same!

6 comments:

  1. I love you...:o) Just the other day I made Gene watch Mama Mia and I told him how I used to come over to your house on Sundays and we would eat dinner, make rice crispy treats, and watch Musicals (I mentioned Anne of Green Gables too--I love that movie). I am glad that you want to do that with you babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/05/2009

    My family did the same thing! Cookies, Sundays and Musicals. . what more do you need?! I made Kaleb watch Guys and Dolls this weekend! I loved it!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love musicals. They're great, aren't they! Alan has been getting me a musical for Christmas each year and it is so fun! This year he got me South Pacific and we had fun watching it together. I've also been meaning to tell you that I love the cheesecake brownie recipe that you put on your blog a while ago. They've become my NEW favorite treat. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at your house for the first time.

    Good times.

    My family was a board game family. So that's what Sundays are here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound like my Sundays growing up with my fam. Music Man is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete