So today I checked my email, as always, and there it was, the boppy slipcover being recalled! The slipcover, are you serious? I have a boppy, everyone told me it was a must to have. And now the slipcover is supposedly toxic, it has high levels of lead in the zipper and the zipper can supposedly break off and be a choking hazard to your baby! This is crazy. Every time I turn around some toy or baby item is being recalled. Is there anything safe out there for my baby? I wouldn't consider myself 'green' or anything but I definitely do not want to expose my child to high amounts of lead or other toxic chemicals from plastic toys. Well I found a couple of websites that are awesome when it comes to toys. Ebeanstalk.com tests all of their toys for lead! Perfect! Then my friend Jessica told me about giggle.com, also another safe toy site out there. So check out the sites, they have some pretty cool toys and hopefully they are safe for all of our babies!
I'm getting annoyed too! Sydney puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, so it definitely concerns me. You'd think I wouldn't worry, since she's our 4th child, but there weren't recalls every other day when our other kids were little. I'll check out the websites you suggested.
ReplyDelete