+ A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours

Last night we went and saw Morrissey at the Hollywood Bowl. It was quite the eventful evening! We decided to go with some friends from our ward and we had to pick up her husband at the airport on the way there. As we were nearing the Long Beach airport I looked at Kelly and asked if he remembered the tickets! He looked at me as if I were teasing and asked, "didn't you bring them?" I could have died! We forgot the tickets! I thought I might go into pre-term labor right then, I was so stressed. Kelly was determined to see this show. After being skunked twice before he was not going to let fate intervene. Traffic was AWFUL, and we had so far yet to go. When we picked up Karen's husband at the airport he thought it would be best to go home and get the tickets and pray for better traffic on the way back up to Hollywood. So we did drive the entire way back home. Our picnic that we were going to enjoy at the Bowl was enjoyed on the 95 mph drive back to Los Angeles. We hoped to be there an hour early but we arrived an hour late! Good thing Morrissey is a prima donna and went on stage an hour late. The concert was awesome and we were glad we made it!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Kelly musta been freaking out! On the way there and at the concert! What a crazy story! I'm glad you made it though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy! I am so glad you were able to get there in time to hear him though! I love the bowl!

    ReplyDelete