+ Burnin' Down The House

The creepy guy on the other side of our apartment unit was kind enough to set our building aflame on Wednesday evening. We came home from work to discover 4 fire trucks in front of our flat, and half of the building charred. We don't want to alarm anyone, but supposedly, the idiot was operating some sort of meth lab in his kitchen and underestimated the explosive power of his latest batch of narcotics. He was hauled away in handcuffs. Drugs suck, and druggies suck even worse.

Our actual apartment received no damage, the upstairs just smells of smoke. Nobody in the building was injured, and we were fortunate enough to not lose any personal belongings. They have tested our apartment for contaminants and gaseous smoke levels, and the fire department considers the building non-hazardous to residents. There is no health threat or anything like that, but needless to say, we are moving out of our apartment this week. Does anybody have a burning desire to come and help us move? Rachelle will make cookies!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/05/2007

    Throw a price of my plane ticket in with those cookies, and I'm there. I could use a weekend in the sun (oh, wait, I'm going to Mexico for 5 days in a pair of weeks for a conference, so I'll get the sun...but the beach party post moving you guys would be fun)

    emron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/05/2007

    Throw in a plane ticket with those cookies and I'm there. I could use a weekend of sun (oh, but I'll be in Mexico in a pair of weeks, so that should feed the sun desire...however, a beach party after helping you move would be nice. but now that I see the date of your posting, this is probably all in vain. enjoy your new place. how's the preg-nancy?

    emron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/05/2007

    ooops....you can tell by the # of postings that i don't do this often. maybe 3-4 will make you two feel really loved

    ReplyDelete