December, like so many other months, flew by so quickly I can barely even remember all that happpend.
It was in short, a very busy month!
Soon after we returned home from Island Park, Idaho for Thanksgiving, Kelly hoped on a plane for work to go to Germany. In previous jobs Kelly has had, he has traveled for the soul purpose of shopping and looking for new things to create for future seasons. With his current job however, he travels more now for International Sales Meetings.
A few times a year he has to travel internationally to present whatever season his team has completed designing so that the sales reps can view the product (shoes, clothing, accessories, etc) and then go and sell the product to shops. Makes sense, right?
The sales meetings were in Tubingen, Germany this time. After a few days there he and another co-worker traveled to Annecy and Laon France to visit with a distributor there, and then Kelly traveled alone to Paris, France to visit a few more shops, and then rest for a day before he flew home to the states. I realize this should have been the trip I tagged along but seeing as how I was 34 weeks pregnant at the time I just couldn't imagine the wear and tear it would have on my tired pregnant self. Not to mention, December is crazy with school activities and I just didn't want to leave someone else in charge of my kids.
A few times a year he has to travel internationally to present whatever season his team has completed designing so that the sales reps can view the product (shoes, clothing, accessories, etc) and then go and sell the product to shops. Makes sense, right?
The sales meetings were in Tubingen, Germany this time. After a few days there he and another co-worker traveled to Annecy and Laon France to visit with a distributor there, and then Kelly traveled alone to Paris, France to visit a few more shops, and then rest for a day before he flew home to the states. I realize this should have been the trip I tagged along but seeing as how I was 34 weeks pregnant at the time I just couldn't imagine the wear and tear it would have on my tired pregnant self. Not to mention, December is crazy with school activities and I just didn't want to leave someone else in charge of my kids.
Needless to say Kelly was lonely in Paris and wished I was there with him. He did manage to attend a church meeting on Sunday, visited the Louvre and the Eiffel tower, and basically got lost in the city all alone. Oh man, I really should have gone.
Here are just a few (there are soooooo many) pictures he snapped while there. They are not in any particular order.
When he returned home there was the hustle and bustle of Christmas.
Daphne had a little program at school. I was just so proud of her! All of the kindergarten classes sang Christmas songs together with a room full of ridiculously proud parents snapping pictures and filming videos of their sweet babes. At one point I just started crying (pregnancy hormones?) because there in front of me was my perfect little 5 year old smiling and singing and I couldn't help but think of those parents that had just lost their children in that horrible school shooting in Connecticut. I had to pull it together quickly or I wouldn't have been able to stop!
Here are the kiddos on Christmas Sunday. We came home with a lot of treats! Yikes!
We had a fun little dinner on Christmas Eve with ham, potatoes, rolls, etc, plus some yummy cake and pie.
Then Christmas morning I made cinnamon rolls and we just stayed in our pj's almost all day and played with new toys from Santa. It was a really good day!
After Christmas Forest picked up a cold (awesome) and Daphne had the "throw up all day" bug for a day and half as well (awesome again).
Today Kelly went back to work and the kiddos and I have a few more days together before Daphne goes back to school.
It was a good December and this was officially the longest post ever.















And let me guess, Kelly is asleep on the couch behind Daphne holding the horse...correct? Just about ready to call you and ask how things are and then I get to read everything. That picture of the lock on the fence=romantic. I'll talk to you in a few days! Angilee
ReplyDelete