10 years

Kelly and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary back on May 3.
We celebrated just his birthday that day with plans to do something later for our anniversary.
I think Kelly had high hopes of doing some serious traveling to other countries but reality set it. 
We don't really have the kind of parents that drop everything to watch our children for 10+ days and I honestly don't think I could leave my children for that long anyway. I think that is nuts! Also, we aren't as rich as the rest of the world. Ha!

So after talking about our plans we decided just a quick weekend (2 1/2 days) to Palm Springs would be perfect. We talked my parents and my brother and his girlfriend into coming down and watching our kids. Like they even needed convincing because we live right by the beach! 

Its funny because sometimes I get worked up over what everyone else is doing. The trips they take, the houses they buy, yada yada yada, I start to wonder what we've done wrong. Why in the world don't I have that?

But I remind myself I never really know what else is going on in their life. I mean, maybe they don't even like each other!

We have friends who have been separated, divorced, you name it, we probably have friends that have experienced it.

Here's the best part of all this rambling though. 
I love Kelly with all of my heart. We have a goooood marriage. I'm shocked when I hear how others talk to each other or don't talk to each other. 
We talk about everything. He's my best friend. 
And I would take a happy marriage over all the riches in the world. Hands down!
I'm so happy with my choice all those years ago. We've made a good life together and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Also, while on our trip some older couple asked if Kelly and I were on our honeymoon. HA! I said, 'oh no, we are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary.' 
To which the lady  replied, "did you get married when you were 10?" 

That is awesome.
And now some pictures from our weekend. All with my iphone because I forgot a real camera.


It was ridiculously hot there. 
We pretty much ate breakfast at 8 in our swimsuits and then went right to the pool.
Good times.

5 comments:

  1. I hate that "keeping up with the jones' feeling" it's really crappy and i feel it daily. never fear. Because in all honesty, if you're happy in your marriage (which you obviously are)nothing else matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know kelly brought along the cheez its for the romantic weekend - high class kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY 10 YEARS!!! You two are such a great couple! Love you! Glad you had a wonderful weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you were ten?

    haha! that is so rad! you are too cute! happy anni...again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is why I love you guys!! our 10 is next month and we are doing the exact same thing......a weekend in park city.....nothing fancy at all but we have so much fun together whatever we do.
    It is so crazy how fast it goes by!!

    happy day to you guys:)

    ReplyDelete