weekend report

How was your weekend? Ours was so nice. We had a lot of time just together as a family and we all loved it. It makes it hard for Kelly to go to work on Monday morning though. This weekend we enjoyed General Conference. We made cinnamon rolls Saturday morning and ate them all day. Ha! Saturday afternoon we snuck away from watching and went to the beach for a bit. It was too beautiful outside to pass up and we wanted one more perfect beach day before it cools off. Some friends of ours were in town so we wanted to see them as well.

 

Sunday was another lazy day of Conference watching. There were so many wonderful talks and Kelly and I both came away with a list of things we want to incorporate in our lives. I love feeling inspired and receiving answers on parenthood and our marriage, ya know?

In between the Sunday sessions we took our kids down to the beach to get their wiggles out. We decided instead of a walk we should skateboard. See, Kelly has been on a skateboard since he was eight years old and it's really important to him (hello! he owns a skateboard wheel brand). I know he wants Forest to love it as much as he does but he doesn't want to traumatize him by pushing him into it and then he hates it. You know what I mean? Sometimes as parents we want our kids to do things that we love. SO anyway, we skated at the beach. Fun times!


the end.

2 comments:

  1. Those. cinnamon. rolls. I need one!!!!!!!!! So if you have any extras that need to get out of your house...;) Oh, and this afternoon we are around if you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forest is SO cute on the skateboard. Daphne is too but just look at that little Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete