We went to a little beach party the other night for church. I took some caramel brownies. I hadn't made them in almost 4 years. What's wrong with me? They are so good!
You should make them too. Recipe as follows.
brownies:
1 cup melted butter
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
Mix melted butter and cocoa. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder and flour. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 min. Do not over bake!
topping:
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 T karo syrup
Mix together and boil, stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes. Don't forget to stir the whole time! Spread over brownies and cool. Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top.
Eat.
And I can't figure out how this summer has flown by so quickly.
Unlike the rest of the world, school doesn't start here for two more weeks.
We are getting in every last beach day that we can because Daphne starts preschool soon! Ahhh!


Best brownies EVER!!!! No question, can't wait to eat them again! Thanks for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteAnd you didn't even save me one! Ahh, they look delicious! Hmmm I'm thinking. I have all those ingredients.......
ReplyDelete