roasted chicken with dijon sauce


I am not quite sure how to take a picture of chicken and make it look appealing. I am no photographer, that's for sure.

But this is such a yummy dish. I feel like I am holding out on you. Please try this chicken. I love it. Husband loves it. And so do the children. 

No surprise it's adapted from Smitten Kitchen, who else.

Roasted Chicken with Dijon Sauce

3 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, legs, thighs) with skin and bones
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small shallot thinly sliced
1 1/2 c chicken broth (i use my own but if buying choose a low - sodium version)
1/4 c heavy cream
2 tbsp smooth dijion mustard

Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack in the middle. Pat chicken dry and generously season with salt and pepper. Heal oil in skillet over medium high heat until it shimmers. Add chicken skin side down and brown turning once. You may need to work in two batches. Brown about 8 minutes per batch. Try not to move the chicken until the skin releases in order to lock in the juices.

Return all chicken to skillet and roast in over for 20 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a platter. Add shallots and chicken broth to pan. Remember friends, the pan was in the oven, be careful before you grab that handle. :)  Bring to a boil and boil 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream and boil about 1 minute longer. Whisk in mustard and a bit of salt and pepper. Serve chicken with the sauce.

And if your sauce happens to touch your sides, no big deal, it's that yummy on everything on your plate.
 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment