I made some granola last week.
It kind of turned out awesome and it was easy and I can't figure out why I haven't been making it already.
There were two recipes I wanted to use but there were things in each recipe that I didn't like. So I just made up my own using both recipes.
Granola - the way we like it
3 c rolled oats
1/2 c sesame seeds
1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
1/2 c dried cranberries or raisins
1/2 c chopped almonds
1/2 c wheat germ
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 c honey
1/4 c apple juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl combine oats, seeds, almonds, flour, wheat germ, cinnamon, dried cranberries, and salt. Mix well. In separate bowl, combine oil, honey, juice, and extracts. Stir and slowly pour over dry ingredients. Fold evenly with a spatula to coat the dry mixture until wet. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake. Turn granola every 15 minutes so it toasts evenly. Bake until dry and golden about 45 - 60 minutes (mine took about 45min). Store in an airtight container.
I'm sure you could add more dried fruit or coconut but I was looking for a not too sweet version and this is perfect. It's simple and slightly sweet and so delicious on some plain yogurt or by the handful or in a bowl with milk.
The End.


No comments:
Post a Comment