riverside boot & saddle

We laugh sometimes that our life together seems to be in Idaho or California.
Which is funny to me because it doesn't feel like Kelly was raised in Idaho. But he was. And he's thankful for his upbringing and good parents. They taught him to be a hard worker and Kelly is kind and good. I think it was all due to him being raised in a small farming community. However, his love of skateboarding, art, and music at a young age was probably not the 'coolest' thing in his town.

Kelly told me we had to stop in at Riverside Boot and Saddle one day while visiting some family in Blackfoot. We've lived in Blackfoot twice in our eight married years together and I had never been in that store. Oh - it was a treat, everything from the Ma and Pa welcomes to the product sold.

And let me tell you, this store was happening. Tons of customers. Tons!

Enjoy some pictures.



And a little secret, Kelly told me his Mom used to model some of the clothes for Ads of the store. Is that true? Anyone? I sure hope it's true.

5 comments:

  1. We've totally shopped there!! ahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does is seem like I was raised in Idaho? ;-) Love the jacket. . . you should have bought it. And I think you guys should all buy matching white cowboy hats and take family pictures in them! HA HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. King's Department Store (yes, it was actually a department store at one time) was a modeling gig for sure, but not positive with Riverside Boot&Saddle. You'll have to ask to see the pics. She's got one leg up on a wagon wheel and some mighty high hair to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I want to know is what the heck did kelly buy there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her modeling gig was not King's or Boot & Saddle. It was a downtown clothing store, I can't remember the name of it right now and yes I also remember the pictures.
    And Kelly what did you buy at Boot & Saddle?

    ReplyDelete