Because, folks, June Gloom is killing me here.
It's July and cold and rainy. I can just imagine hearing all of my family in Idaho and Utah laughing while reading this because they have had nicer weather than us for almost a month now. Yeah, I said a month.
So, we've been baking a bit. I may not fit into my swim suit when it gets warm but it's making these gloomy days happier.
Some friends of mine have been kind enough to give me tons of lemons, grapefruits, plums, and apricots. I feel like I'm stealing from them because these fruits are organic and it would cost so much to buy them at the store.

Today we are making apricot jam and eating lots of them just as they are.
The other day we made lemon blueberry muffins. And they were good.

Recipe:
1 c white flour
3/4 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp b. powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 c fresh blueberries
2 large eggs
1/2 c milk
1/4 c oil
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin pan. Whisk flours, sugar, b.powder, and salt. In another bowl combine eggs, milk, lemon juice, zest of lemon, and oil. Combine the two mixtures. Fold in blueberries. Please don't over mix.
Spoon into muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool for 5 and eat. Then eat another one.
And if it's rainy where you are (i know, it's not, i know!) then make some muffins.
It's July and cold and rainy. I can just imagine hearing all of my family in Idaho and Utah laughing while reading this because they have had nicer weather than us for almost a month now. Yeah, I said a month.
So, we've been baking a bit. I may not fit into my swim suit when it gets warm but it's making these gloomy days happier.
Some friends of mine have been kind enough to give me tons of lemons, grapefruits, plums, and apricots. I feel like I'm stealing from them because these fruits are organic and it would cost so much to buy them at the store.

Today we are making apricot jam and eating lots of them just as they are.
The other day we made lemon blueberry muffins. And they were good.

Recipe:
1 c white flour
3/4 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp b. powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 c fresh blueberries
2 large eggs
1/2 c milk
1/4 c oil
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin pan. Whisk flours, sugar, b.powder, and salt. In another bowl combine eggs, milk, lemon juice, zest of lemon, and oil. Combine the two mixtures. Fold in blueberries. Please don't over mix.
Spoon into muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool for 5 and eat. Then eat another one.
And if it's rainy where you are (i know, it's not, i know!) then make some muffins.

so did you get the lemons from tracy?? I'm thinking fresh lemon bars sounds delightful, and it's suppose to warm up this weekend!!
ReplyDelete