4 pm and on

There seems to be an hour everyday when things get hectic.

And everyone is tired.

And it's not quite 'dinner time', or 'get in the bath time', or 'when is Kelly going to be home?' time.

You know that time, right?

Yesterday was no exception. The time came and instead of us all becoming really cranky I threw the kids in the car and we drove down the street to the beach. We played in the sand and then before we knew it the tide came rushing in and it was time to go.

It made for a very pleasant early evening.

5 comments:

  1. So jealous! It is cold and rainy here, I know, you are not shocked. Sit in the sun and think of me please! btw, 4 pm stinks for us too. Always need some sugar to get through the last bit til cameron gets home. Eat some sugar, promise it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing that with my kids...well,not take them to the beach because that would make things VERY hectic but go on a bike ride and secretly stash away a treat a pull it out at the halfway mark. And Kelly can relate to this, or we go to the canal and throw rocks in the water. Timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call it the witching hour. And I swear every mom knows exactly what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the last picture! so cute!

    ReplyDelete