chocolate eggs


I had this great idea. It involved making my own candy for Easter baskets.

So I got to work today making my little peanut butter eggs.

And then I realized my mistake.

It's Wednesday.

And Easter is Sunday.

How in the world will these perfect little beauties last until Sunday?

Now to answer your questions, yes, I have eaten some. It doesn't matter how many. What matters is that I leave the rest alone so I can place them in plastic eggs for Daphne to find on Sunday morning.




Peanut Butter Eggs


Filling:
2 c melted butter
1 1/2 c peanut butter - i used the natural kind, worked great!
4 c powdered sugar

Mix in bowl with spoon. Set aside.

Melt some chocolate. My sister in law uses almond bark. I just bought a pound of Belgian chocolate from Trader Joes. You pick. I used a double boiler to melt my chocolate.

Roll filling into your egg shape. Dip in chocolate. And place on wax paper to cool.

Store.

Or Eat!


*This is my mother in law's recipe for peanut butter cups. I don't have molds so I just made them into eggs. But if you are a candy maker and have all the proper tools then make some cups!*

1 comment:

  1. yeah so how many did you eat? love ya miss ya so ya i would have eaten probably 12...

    ReplyDelete