+ these are good

I had to go to this little lunch thingy today for a gal moving away. I was asked to bring dessert. The thing is though I am gaining weight a wee bit faster this time around than I did with my previous pregnancy. So I figured if I made something I didn't love than I wouldn't eat 20. It worked! Although I have to say that the one lemon bar I did eat was quite scrumptious. Even Kelly agreed that these were absolutely delicious, and he doesn't normally like lemony desserts. So please make them this weekend and share!


Lemon Bars

crust:
1/2 pound unsalted butter at room temp
1/2 c sugar
2 c flour
1/8 tsp kosher salt

lemon layer:
4 eggs at room temp
1 2/3 c sugar
1 tbsp + 1 tsp grated lemon zest (about 3-4 lemons)
2/3 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
2/3 c flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 9 x 13 in dish. For the crust, cream together sugar and butter and then slowly add flour and salt until just mixed. Dump onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Press into baking dish with a 1/2in edge on all sides. Chill.

Bake the crust 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

For the lemon layer whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, and juice. Then flour. Pour over crust and bake 22 - 25 minutes. Let cool to room temp.

Dust with powdered sugar and cut up. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You had me a at 1/2 pound of butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruit dessert. I'm all over these. On my to do list for tomorrow during conference was to make a from scratch lemon cream cake. I'll try these next week.

    ReplyDelete