+ Clarification

I feel as though I need to give a little update. There have been lots of phone calls, questions, emails, etc. about my little cyst friend. When we left the e.r. on Friday we were told that the cyst had ruptured therefore causing all of my pain. I spent the weekend in bed with lots of pain meds. Monday I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor. They did an ultrasound to check on the size of it and told us that it had not ruptured but in fact grew in size. How lovely. The pain at that point was very minimal and I was feeling okay. My doctor however wanted another opinion on what to do. Remove it or leave it in? Lots of women have cysts on their ovaries (this is where i lose all male species) and there are no problems. Most of the time they go away on their own. Mine is just rather large and they want to be cautious. I appreciate that. So..... tomorrow I have an appointment with a specialist to take another look at it and decide what to do.

I feel completely normal now. Last week was a lazy one. There was lots of pajama wearing and movie watching for Daphne and I. We did however venture out one day to get a sandwich. There's just something about a deli making your sandwich, it tastes better! Daphne preferred the chips instead.


Thanks for all the prayers, concern, and help we've received. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and I'll be able to do cart-wheels in no time!

4 comments:

  1. Rachelle, I am so sad to hear about your health news. I wish we were there to help you out with Daphne. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need a place to recuperate, you always can come up to Utah, we'd be happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I hope all goes well with finding out what to do about the cyst. I expect to see some cart-wheel posts really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...
    SO I know I told you how I delt with a ruptured cyst around Christmas time and I think just reading about yours caused my ovary to want to join in the fun cause Saturday night (while I was supposed to be packing up for our move) I was in so much pain I couldn't move an inch. I knew what it was because of Christmas time but the pain only lasted 3 days then. It's now Thurs and I'm still in pain. Not as much but it still hurts when I stand up. SO please let me know what your doctor thinks. I don't think mine does anything for cysts. My only concern is I've NEVER had this problem before and it's now twice in a little over 2 months I've delt with this and it HURTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cysyts can be scary because of the potential pain and/or surgery that could be a possibility. I was having one monitored during this pregnancy, but it went away on it's own. Luckily!

    ReplyDelete