Just yesterday some sweet little Jehovah's Witness gals knocked on my door. We had a very friendly conversation. They shared their beliefs and I shared mine. Neither of us changed our minds about which church we will attend on Sunday but we each learned something from each other without hatred. They were kind and loving and we each expressed our hopes for the future. I wonder why this can't be the case within the gay community at this time.
So today and probably a few times next week I'll need a pick-me-up. Something to make me smile and to remind me that I did what I believe is right. So go and stand and scream and protest at my temple. It won't change the peoples vote. I know that I. Did. What. Was. Right. And no one can tell me to change my opinion. It's my own to have.
So what made me happy today? My sweet baby girl (15 months tmrw) playing on the porch with the hose.
YOU make me happy!! Every time I think about you I smile! Thanks for being so strong and sticking to your beliefs! I love you.
ReplyDeletechin up! your daughter is adorable!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!! You are awesome and your daughter is so cute!! Stay safe!! We are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI hear things are getting quite hostile out there. Sorry. I still feel very proud of you, because I really felt your passion throughout. And I love that there are still people fighting for what they think is right.
ReplyDeleteRachelle, you said it all just right. It makes me sad we're getting the blame too. Everyone had the right to vote right? The people spoke.
ReplyDelete