+ Us Plus One (Bringing On The Baby!)

On August 8th, Rachelle and I had our first baby. We went to the hospital at 7:30am on Wednesday morning, and made preparations for The Stork to land. Actual labor, with oxytocin-induce contractions, began at about 1:40pm. Throughout the evening Rachelle slowly dilated more and more, yet the nurses were convinced she wasn’t nearing delivery very quickly. At 9:45pm, Rachelle was going in & out of sleep, when I went to get a doctor to examine Rachelle’s progress. Upon spreading Rachelle’s legs, Doctor Tran discovered a little hairy head trying to squeeze its way out into the dry world. It was on! People immediately rushed in, wearing riot gear and haz-mat suits. They began shifting various pieces of furniture and machinery with Transformer-like speed. In just a few moments, Rachelle received intense push-coaching and encouragement. Less than 45 minutes later, Daphne was born. As soon as her little head was out, she opened her eyes and gurgled a few sobs. She was straight away placed on Rachelle’s chest and began to nurse. I must say that I am still in awe by that miracle, and how strong Rachelle and all of you women have to be to endure labour. I’m sitting here with Daphne while I type this, and she is breathing fine and already pooping like a crap factory. Here are some pictures! Truly amazazazazing.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. gosh. She is absolutely beautiful! who do you think she looks like? I can't tell. Love the name Daphne- does she have a middle name? I am so excited for you! You really really have to call me when you get a minute- I am eager to hear all the gory details. Rachelle- you look hot. You're not supposed to look that good right after you give birth! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to the 6-6.5 lb baby that was supposed to come out? 8.3 lbs! Wow! Rachelle you're a champ! She's gorgeous and I'm so happy for you. See, I knew it would be Daphne! :) I can't wait to her from you. Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly and Rachelle Congrats on Daphne and a safe delivery!! WE are truly excited that your little one has joined you and with great success. I love all the hair--She is just beautiful!! By the way--Rachelle you do look hot--and not fair! I don't even look remotely that good after giving birth. I would love to hear from you or know when we can call to catch up. Congrats again--Corey is going to be so excited. Oh yeah--I love the name Daphne--great choice for her and all that hair! Love ya--Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats guys!!! She is so sweet and HUGE! Way to go Rachelle! I can't get over her hair--so cute! And I LOVE the name Daphne! You guys are parents!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to both of you. She is absolutely beautiful with all that thick hair. Rachelle, you are glowing. Adorable name! Love ya-The Highs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys, she is beautiful! Her and Naomi are like twins with all that dark hair! I can't wait to squeeze her little cheeks! And Daphne is a good choice, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/11/2007

    Chelle n' Kelly.. she's beautiful!! She looks like a big mix of you both. The picture of her with her knit hat on, she looks like Chelle but the others she looks like Kelly. She's dang cute you guys..you did great lol! Anyhow I can't wait to see her and Kelly she's going to have lots of boys after her in high school..blah ha ha j/k! Love you guys. CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations you guys she is beautiful. I am so happy for you. I love the name Daphne. Rachelle you look like a natural nursing your sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8/13/2007

    Wow! What a head of hair. Congratulations to both of you. She's adorable. Amber & I are excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you kidding me?! I need more pictures and an update pronto. THat little girl is too stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete